Last week I fell short of accomplishing all that I wanted to. I had plans to read some literacy-themed books, prepare some math materials, organize more of the classroom space, and cycle every morning. Reflecting on the week, I can only check off one goal — cycling every morning. In an effort to become more active (and eventually more fit), I’m donning my helmet and pedalling around St Albert to start my days. Though I’m hardly a professional cyclist, I’m proud of my daily achievement. Starting with some of the shorter trails along the Sturgeon River, I’ve increased my daily jaunt to circle St Albert in 23 km.
- The Girl with the Brown Crayon??by Vivian Gussin Paley
- Beautiful Stuff! Learning with Found Materials??by Cathy Weisman Topal and Lella Gandini
- The Tact of Teaching: The Meaning of Pedagogical Thoughtfulness??by Max van Manen
- Play and Learning in the Early Years??edited by Pat Broadhead, Justine Howard and Elizabeth Wood
- The First Days of School??by Harry K Wong and Rosemary T Wong
- Thought and Language??by Lev Vygotsky